Joe & I celebrated our 4th anniversary last Monday. I love him dearly. Here's my favorite wedding picture......

I've been off with the girls since Wednesday and we've had such a great time together. My Mom had plans to leave for Vegas on Thursday so I took a few days off of work. On Wednesday morning I got all of our utilities set up for our new house since I never have time to make those calls. In the afternoon I went to run a few errands and took Kristen with me while Sarah stayed at home with my Mom. We went to Costco, EyeMasters and to get my watch fixed. I know I'll probably get hate mail for saying this but.....it was so easy (logistically) with one baby. I took a little umbrella stroller and that thing is super light, easy and not to mention it takes up very little room in the trunk. We were in and out of places in no time. When I got home I asked my Mom how her afternoon was and she said the same thing....fun and pretty easy.
On Friday I had to run a few more errands that couldn't wait and logistically it wasn't easy. We've now graduated from the buckets and the double snap-n-go and the girls are now in their big girl car seats and regular stroller. This was the first time I had been out with them by myself using my car and the bigger stroller. The double stroller does not technically fit into my trunk, which is a problem since it's an essential item and required to go anywhere alone. To make it work Joe had to take off the front wheels so it can clear the trunk. Once the wheels are removed you can strategically place it in the trunk in such a way that it will actually fit. So...I drove up to take care of our first errand (remember - this was the first time I had to do this - it got much better the second time). I tried to take the stroller out but it was stuck (I told you it was a tight fit). I finally got it out and then I had to put the front wheels back on. The only problem was I couldn't remember which way the wheels went so I decided to guess. I guessed wrong so I had to fix them because the stroller would not turn when assembled incorrectly. After that then I was able to load the babies and take care of business. When we returned to the car I had to remove the wheels and carefully insert the stroller back into my trunk. During this entire experience it was almost 100 degrees out and I kept thinking I must be giving the few people watching me a good laugh on a Friday afternoon. I know they were bound to be wondering how I planned to get the big stroller into such a tiny space. In the end it was a sacrifice I was willing to make in order to keep a car that I enjoy driving. Everyone said I couldn't keep my car with twins because it wasn't baby friendly. It wasn't easy but it worked.
Pictures from the last week....
The girls love their Baby Bjorn!
On Saturday morning I went and had a massage, which was Joe's gift to me for our anniversary. I got a deep tissue massage. That's really the only type of massage I now want. Anything other than deep tissue makes for a great hour but leaves me very unsatisfied afterwards. The deep tissue massage is a painful hour but you feel so much better afterwards. It was a great gift....thanks Joe!Joe also got his braces off this week. I'll try to sneak a picture of him to post. His teeth look great!




No comments:
Post a Comment