Friday, May 30, 2008

9 months

I cannot believe the girls are already 9 months! It's crazy how fast it goes.....I wish I could slow down time. I love them so much and I feel so fortunate to have such healthy, smart and beautiful little girls.


Kristen weighs 19 lbs 11 oz (70th percentile) and is 29 1/4 inches tall (95th percentile). Kristen is miss independent. She is so strong and has such a desire to do things on her own (I wonder where she gets that). She has mastered crawling and has moved on to cruising. We have had to put up a big baby play pin in my Mom's living room so they cannot escape. If you leave the gate open she will crawl right out and go over to the couch. From there she will pull herself up on the couch and cruise all around it. Kristen is also starting to get 4 teeth....all at once! Poor thing. She's getting 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She loves to drink water and her favorite foods include squash and peas. We've attempted some stage 3 foods but they don't yet care for the texture and still prefer stage 2. Kristen loves the mirror. There is a mirror in my Mom's house that she loves to look at. She finds it funny to touch the baby in the mirror. When I get home from work Kristen will crawl up in my lap.....you've got to love that.




Sarah weighs 19 lbs and 7 oz (65th percentile) and she is 27 3/8 inches tall (50th percentile). She's two inches shorter than Kristen but I still predict she'll be taller than me. Sarah is our vocal baby. She started saying DaDa and I think she may have said MaMa. I can't officially claim that because I'm not certain but it sure sounded like MaMa. If it wasn't then I think she'll start saying it soon. Sarah also loves to play her piano and her drum. She examines everything closely and is very observant. She still loves to cuddle and is such a good sleeper. Sarah has a beautiful smile and 4 teeth to go with it. She's got her 2 bottom teeth and her 2 top teeth are coming in. She's not yet crawling but the girl can get anywhere she wants to in her own way. Sarah loves to dance, read books and have us sing to her.




Last weekend we went to Houston and they got to stay the night in the hotel with my Mom while we went to a wedding. It was a great wedding. My friend, Jessica, got married on the University of Houston campus and had a Vietnamese style reception. It was very diffferent but tons of fun. She had a 7 course Vietnamese dinner and even had dragon dancers. We had a lot of fun. After that we went to visit Brooke for the first time. The girls will soon get to know their cousin and have great times together.

Here's a picture from the wedding.
Me, Laura, Jessica & Julie R.

No comments: