Today the girls learned all about respect and we had a police officer attend the meeting. The officer explained his job, why it is important and how he helps people. The officer took the girls outside and let them get in his car, try to hold his bullet proof vest and gave them their very own badge and a Frisbee. They all absolutely loved hearing all about it and truth be told....so did I. He did a great job!
We took a picture of the troop in front of his car......this picture cracks me up because they are all squinting since they were in the sun.
We also had a brownie troop attend the meeting and they did a skit about respect. The brownies also helped our troop make a "sit upon" for camp next weekend. Afterwards we made s'mores but heated up the marshmallows in the microwave....oh well, it was all in the spirit of getting ready for camp next weekend. I actually think I'm more excited than K&S....possibly because I've read through the agenda and it is going to be awesome.
The moment we walked in from the meeting, they were in the backyard and running through the sprinkler. These girls have my heart....love them.













No comments:
Post a Comment