Today was AMAZING! I'm not sure how many people actually showed up for church today but they estimated between 20,000-30,000 people. I can tell you we got there 2 hours early and got decent spots and the buses just kept coming and coming dropping off people. The church had nine different parking lots around town and 120 school buses to transport everyone. Church made the national news because our guest speaker was Tim Tebow. Jay Leno mentioned it, it was on the Today Show, front page of ESPN and most every other media outlet reported on it.
The girls did wonderfully well, despite the crowds and the escalating heat. We were really proud of them! It was a lot taking them out there but not going was never option for us. This is our church and we wouldn't miss Easter Sunday....only the most important day we can ever celebrate.
They got balloons and face painting.
They never got to wear their beautiful Easter dresses since this was an outdoor event.....I guess we will save them for next Sunday.
These are pictures from Joe's camera of Tim and Pastor Joe.
I copied the following pictures from Pastor Joe's Facebook page.
Having Tim Tebow at our church on Easter Sunday was very special. This guy is truly a good guy........wish there were more people out there like him. What I loved most was how none of it distracted from the purpose of Easter.




No comments:
Post a Comment