Well.....I'm officially an Aggie. It's so strange to type since I'm such a University of Texas fan but that's really due to football and that will never change. For an education, UT has never really been of interest to me because it doesn't offer what I want. I have two degrees and neither are from UT. They just don't branch out enough outside of the traditional degree programs, so I got both of my degrees from Texas State.
Although I already have a masters degree, I have enrolled at Texas A&M for a second one. This particular degree program is either a masters or PhD. I'm technically enrolled in the masters but I'm giving serious consideration to switching to the PhD program in 2013. The course work is the same until the thesis so every class I take can be credited to either degree.
My first class starts on the 17th and I'm very excited. It's official because I've paid my tuition so now I have to follow through on it. :-) I will get 100% reimbursed for my tuition if I make an A and 90% reimbursed if I make a B but I'm shooting for all A's. My plan is to take one class at a time and I'm going to do them online at night after the girls go to sleep. I don't want to take away from any time we have together so if I cannot manage the course work after they go to bed then I could be a Texas A&M drop out after this semester. I really hope it's manageable.....I'm going to sacrifice TV and a little sleep.
This first course is Strategic Planning....I'm just waiting for the 17th to roll around because I'm eager to get started.
I picked up these shirts when I went to College Station for orientation. I thought Joe was going to die seeing them in A&M clothes. I think they look pretty good in maroon. Burnt orange, maroon, green, or any other college color will look perfect on these beautiful girls.




1 comment:
PHD. I LIKE THAT. WILL PEOPLE CALL You Dr Hajek? I am so proud of you. Wonder daughter and I love Moroon. Those are neat shirts and I want to get one. A&M Mom.
Post a Comment