Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ice Cream Drama

The girls had a dentist appointment today at 3:00 and of course I was running a little late. It's so hard to get out of the hospital and I was a good 5 minutes behind. I pulled up to the girls school only a few minutes before 3 and when I got to their class they were all gone. Ms. Morgan was there and she said they were all in the little gym getting ice cream sundaes. I immediately knew this was going to be an ugly situation but I thought I was going to walk in with them in the middle of their sundaes and wanting to stay and finish them. Instead I walk in and they are second in line....Kristen was literally ordering her flavors as I walk up behind her. I told her that she couldn't get one because we had to go to the dentist and she burst into tears. Sarah then burst into tears and they wouldn't calm down enough for me to even try to convince them they would get ice cream later. 

I had to carry them both out of the school crying for ice cream. Talk about awful timing.....it was the worst. They were heartbroken over skipping ice cream and they didn't see it coming. I really felt bad but I knew that if I didn't get them out of there right away our dentist wouldn't see us if we were any later. 

So.....they arrived at the dentist still crying but finally settled down when they realized the dentist is where they get the gold coins for the machine of toys. I also told them I would make up the ice cream fiasco. After gymnastics we stopped at Sonic for sundaes and all became right with the world again. They only wanted about 5 bites and that sundae went into the freezer but they loved it and were happy. We brushed teeth really well afterwards because they had an excellent dentist visit and we want to keep it that way.  




post signature

No comments: