Sunday, September 4, 2011

UT vs. Rice

The girls are down for a nap and I am still in my pajamas, which never happens. This week was very busy so having a day like today has been wonderful. I also don't get to do much for myself but volunteering for the UT Medical Team is now one thing that I'm doing just for me. :-)

We are now the sponsor for UT Athletics and each football game requires about 100 medical volunteers. We do have paid doctors, nurses and paramedics in first aid rooms but the 100 others are all volunteers. The volunteers either work in the stands or at cooling stations located throughout the stadium. The job is the same for everyone.....BLS (CPR) and first aid. I had to take BLS for Healthcare Providers to be eligible to do this but I'm so glad I did it just for personal reasons.

The first game was last night and I was partnered up with a friend of mine from the hospital. We only had a handful of contacts requiring any medical assistance so the rest of the time we got to watch the game and we had a great seats. I'm seriously going to request that section for future games!!

This is an awesome opportunity and I'm so glad to be a part of it.

This was last weekend when we went to orientation to get ready for the first home game. Casey and Ashley from my office are also volunteering.




The remaining pictures are from the game yesterday.


It's almost a 10 hour volunteer deal since we have to be there 3 hours before kick off and we're one of the last ones out of the stadium.


We sponsored the first home game so our name was everywhere....





My partner, Joe. His son is a freshman at UT this year!




post signature

No comments: