Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to my mom and my mother-in-law and all the moms out there! Joe and the girls got me some new charms for my bracelet and they've told me Happy Mother's Day all day. Joe let me take a nap (although I couldn't actually fall asleep) while the girls napped and he went to the grocery store. This evening we went to The Domain and had dinner at Gloria's. It's been a great day! The only thing that would have made it better would have been to be with my mom today.

Me and my two baby girls.....my smart, beautiful and just downright fabulous baby girls.


Me and my mom ~ the best mother there is! I'm so lucky to have her!

This is just a side note. This is what I found when I went upstairs. I think Kristen did it.
She put every single one of her princess dolls under the covers and on little pillows.
We all agreed that they would sleep there all night.



Kristen & Sarah,

I cannot begin to describe how happy I am to be your mother. It is an absolute privilege and one that I will forever treasure. When you were born my life completely changed. All of a sudden nothing was about me any longer and things that were once important no longer seemed to matter. All that matters is you two girls. I became a mother twice within one minute....that will always amaze me and I will forever thank God for choosing me for a double blessing. I am so proud of both of you and you two clearly love each other in a way that only twin sisters could. Kristen, you even burst into tears this past week because you said you thought Sarah loved her friend Emma more than you. Sarah and Emma are certainly friends but you were sure worried and said that Emma needed to find her own sister Sarah. Don't worry because there isn't a friendship out there that could ever compete with the bond of a twin.

I absolutely love watching you two grow up but it does produce tears. I cried the first time you rode your big girl bike. I cried at gymnastics when Sarah finally could pull up on the bars. I cried watching you both have an absolute ball at Disney. I cried when you were crowning each other princess and queen the other day. I cry sometimes just when you sleep because you look so beautiful. They are all tears of joy! I can only hope for a lifetime full of happy tears.

Thank you girls for bringing me the greatest happiness I could have ever hoped for. I love you with every ounce of my soul.

Mommy

post signature

No comments: