Monday, September 7, 2009

Our Three Day Weekend

This has been a wonderful weekend. Labor Day might just be my new favorite holiday. :=)

Friday night we pretty much did nothing. Last week literally whipped me, so I am just glad I survived it.

On Saturday morning we went grocery shopping at Sprouts. It was the grand opening and the place was packed. It's almost like that store opened just for us since Kristen now needs her food allergies accommodated. HEB carries practically nothing to accommodate wheat, egg or dairy allergies. Sprouts was fabulous. We were able to get all sorts of things that she loves but without the ingredients she cannot have. We were able to find cereal bars, yogurt, veggie cheese, and rice spaghetti noddles. I was so thrilled to find a place so close to us that we can go to each week and stock up on food for her.

Saturday afternoon we met Dan, Alissa and Ainsley downtown (previous post).

On Sunday we went to church and the girls enjoyed baby church once again. I'm so glad we are now in the 2 year old section....they are much happier. We'll probably stop attending in a month or so and instead watch it online from home. I'm paranoid with the upcoming flu season and there are so many kids there that I really want to minimize their exposure. School isn't so bad because it's the same kids but at church there are so many more.

Sunday afternoon my mom came over and gave Joe and I a much needed break. Our days have been so crazy with two 2 year olds (that deserves another post all it's own to explain). I'm not sure what I would do without my mom being so good to us. She rescues us at just the right time.

My Mom and I first went to get pedicures and then she watched the girls for us for a few hours.

Joe and I went to visit Heather at the hospital and I got to hold Emerson. Cute little thing...it's so hard to remember the girls being that little but Sarah was actually smaller than Emerson by a few ounces. After that we went to The Domain and had an early dinner at North. It was amazing! Love, Love, Love it there. We then went to a movie. My mom has been coming to watch the girls the last couple of weekends so we've been able to see several movies here lately. It's nice to just sit for a few hours and do nothing.

Today I took Sarah to the park and Joe Kristen to the park in the next neighborhood. We are going to try to do things individually with them so they get more one on one attention and we'll just rotate who is with who. The girls took a 3 hour nap and we were able to organize our garage, which was a huge undertaking. It's gotten way out of control but now it looks so neat and organized. After nap time we took the girls to the pool. They sure love the water and it was nice to cool off for a bit. My swimsuit is retired but I still managed to get wet in the baby tool chasing after them.

The girls have been really good today and I just love them. I'm so sad that I have to go to work tomorrow. We've just had a wonderful weekend that I wish didn't have to end.


post signature

No comments: