Happy Birthday to Brooke!
Yesterday we got to celebrate Brooke's first birthday at Casey & Trish's house. I was going to go by myself but yesterday morning we decided we could make the trip with the girls. Loading up two pack-n-plays, making the 3-4 hour drive and remembering to take everything needed for two toddlers is slightly overwhelming to think about for a one night stay but we did it. I honestly did not think I had any more energy left in me but I'm glad we went because it was great seeing everyone and Brooke's party was lots of fun for us and for the girls. The girls ate a hot dog and Kristen ate three tomatoes....didn't realize she liked them that much but apparently she does. The girls and Brooke then played in the bounce house they had, which seemed to be a hit based on all of the laughing and squeals that kept coming out of it. Casey & Trish did a great job planning the party.
After the party we went to my Dad's along with Jimmy & Michelle to stay the night. This morning we took the girls to the little park in his neighborhood and pushed them in some cute little cars he has. They also walked all over his yard and picked a few of his flowers that I'm sure he didn't want picked. They ran and ran and ran.....they were asleep before we could get out of the neighborhood.
One last thing....mental note ~ never let Daddy be in charge of packing the necessary amount of diapers. I realized this morning that Joe did not estimate enough diapers for the trip and we put on the last two we had right before we left my Dad's. Our hope was that they would sleep the entire ride home and we wouldn't even need to stop for a diaper change. They slept a lot of it but woke about an hour before we got home and Sarah had wet her diaper so much that it was going through her pants. I made Joe pull over so we could get the wet diaper off (I was afraid that it would give her a really bad diaper rash). Of course we did not have any replacement diapers (because Daddy underestimated how many diapers twins go through despite all of his experience) so we put her back in the car seat sitting on a couple of blankets and hoping she didn't pee again. We would have bought more but unfortunately there wasn't any store close by to stop and get any. Luckily, she didn't pee again during the rest of the trip.
I took so many pictures that I had to put it in a montage in order to share them all.





No comments:
Post a Comment